Enrolments and Registration of Interest

Thank you for your interest in Lockleys Primary School. As an unzoned school we are able to take enrolments from all areas. The find a school or preschool tool will tell you which school catchment area or school zone you live in. If you live in an area that is not part of a catchment area or school zone, it will show you the closest school by road. 

 To register your interest in enrolling at Lockleys Primary School the process for reception to year 6 is as follows: 

  • Complete a Registration of Interest form for Lockleys Primary School (hyperlink to PDF form) 
  • Join one of our scheduled tour. If you are unable to attend one of our scheduled school tour please email dl.0231.admin@schools.sa.edu.au or call 8443 6103 and we will schedule in a mutually convenient time. 
  • Provide the following documentation: 
  • Gas or electricity bill with the current zone address 
  • If renting, a residential lease with 12 months or greater and a bond receipt is required 

At the time of enrolment we also require proof of the child’s birth age. 

The following documents will be accepted by the school: 

  • Birth certificate 
  • Passport 
  • Official Centrelink documentation stating the child’s name and birth date 

Early enrolment of children within the zone or intending to enrol at Lockleys Primary School is critical, as it gives the school a better picture of the numbers for the following year. 

Reception Enrolments 2024

From 2024 there will be a term 1 intake of reception students and a term 3 mid-year intake into primary school. 

From 2024, if your child turns 5 before May 1st 2024, they are eligible to start primary school at the beginning of the 2024 school year. 

If your child turns 5 between the May 1st and October 31st 2024, they can start school in either: 

  • term 3 of 2024 (they will complete 6 terms of reception) 
  • or term 1 the following year in 2025 

For further information please see the link below: 

Starting school (education.sa.gov.au) 

Are we zoned and what does zoned mean?

We are not a zoned school. We are able to take enrolments from all areas. Even if you live in the zone of another school you are able to enrol at our school.

Living in a zoned school gives you the opportunity to enrol at that school but it is not mandatory to do so. You may enrol elsewhere providing the school you want to enrol in is not zoned.

Intensive English Language Program

The Intensive English Language Program (IELP) provides intensive English language support for students from 5 to 12 years of age with specialist teachers of English as an additional language or dialect. Students with a language and cultural background other than English and who have limited or minimal English language are eligible to enrol if they meet the following criteria:

Newly-arrived students with an approved permanent or temporary visa sub-class, and who require intensive English language instruction are eligible to enrol at an Intensive English Language Centre (IELC):

  • children who turned 4 on or before May 1 can enrol in a pre-school soon after arrival in SA
  • within 18 months of arrival for students in Reception and Year 1
  • within 12 months of arrival for students in Years 2-6

Australian citizens or children of Australian citizens (visa sub-class N/A) are eligible if English is not their first language and they meet the criteria above.

Transport assistance is provided for some primary aged IELC students who:

  • have an eligible visa sub-class
  • are under 10 years old and live more than 1.75 kilometres from the nearest IELC.

Students generally stay in the IELP for up to 1 year, or longer if needed. Interpreters, Bilingual School Services Officers (BSSOs) and Community Liaison Officers (CLOs) are also available to support families and students.

Classes are small and organised by age. Students are taught the Primary School subjects while focusing on learning English. Students are helped to integrate into mainstream classes. When students exit the IELP, a Transition Program is organised so students can successfully continue their education in their local mainstream school.

If you are enrolling your child from overseas and your child’s English is suitable, then you will need to provide us with the following documents when enrolling:

  • Student Passport
  • Visa Letter
  • Proof of Residence
  • Student’s Previous School Reports


Our front office is located on Elston Street. Limited parking is available on Elston Street and Lipsett Terrace. More parking is available on May Terrace. It is often easier and safer when visiting Lockleys Primary School to park on May Terrace and walk through the school to the front office.

The onsite car park is not available to parents and community members as there is limited parking available.

Parents are not able to use the staff car park as a pick up and drop off zone.

Please be mindful of parking over or too close to people’s driveways as we like to ensure our neighbours have clear access to their homes.

We ask that you please comply with street signs and road markings in order to ensure the safety of our students. Please note, the streets bordering the school are regularly monitored by the local council parking inspectors and fines have been issued.